The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) project is written as a culmination of nursing doctoral programs. It gives you the opportunity to translate your acquired knowledge and skills into practice in solving nursing care issues. Moreover, the DNP serves as the embodiment of the nursing practice focus and a necessary component of the integrative practice experience. As such, the DNP is one of the most significant nursing papers you could ever write in your doctoral degree.
Writing your DNP is thrilling, as it enables you to lay the foundation for your future scholarships while giving you the opportunity to make a possible meaningful contribution to enhancing the nursing practice and patient outcomes. Therefore, students will want to begin planning as soon as they enroll in your DNP programs and stay on course to completion and publication. Keeping in mind how crucial the DNP capstone project is, you will want to make the right decisions when it comes to writing it.
What is a DNP Project?
A DNP project is a scholarly project with the aim of translating nursing evidence into practice. It can also be referred to as a final or research DNP project. The DNP project primarily reflects your area of specialization or interest, enabling you to dig deeper and develop a project absorbed in clinical practice. With the DNP project, you will demonstrate mastery of your nursing specialty.
With the wide breadth of clinical nursing practice, your topic ideas for a DNP project are boundless. For instance, you can choose to explore the impact or outcomes of nursing practice, a consulting project, or choose the evaluation of a new practice model. Regardless of the topic, the DNP project papers take different forms depending on your university or college requirement as well as your area of advanced nursing practice.
Basic Steps for Completing a DNP Capstone Project
Here are basic steps that doctoral nursing students should follow from the start to the completion of their capstone project papers.
- Identify a focus area for your DNP capstone project
- Choosing a capstone chairperson based on mutual agreement of the student and faculty member and the scholarly interests as well as area of expertise of the faculty member.
- The student chooses a capstone committee – often at least three faculty members, one being the capstone chairperson.
- Student earns eligibility to defend the capstone proposal.
- The student works with the capstone chairperson to write a proposal while using the committee in an advisory capacity.
- Student prepares and provides the proposal defense to the capstone committee members
- The student arranges a meeting with the committee to discuss the proposal and rule on its acceptability. The committee members ensure the proposal’s quality, feasibility, and clinical relevance.
- After the acceptance of the proposal, the student starts the process of implement the DNP project.
- Student schedules the final defense of the DNP project after completing writing the project and getting approval from the capstone chairperson.
- The student provides final copies to the committee members and prepares for the oral defense of the DNP capstone project.
- Committee members critique the project, identify any extra work needed, and determines the outcome of the DNP project.
Stages of DNP Capstone Project Writing Project
Prior to starting writing your DNP project, you must write and submit a capstone proposal first. The member of your DNP capstone project committee needs to approve it officially before you proceed to write the DNP capstone project. Therefore, take your time to craft an exceptional DNP project proposal that the committee will approve without any doubts. It should be of high quality and with top-notch clinical significance.
- DNP Title Page
Your DNP capstone project must conform to the editorial standards of the APA writing style. At this tertiary level of learning, you should have mastered the APA style of writing and formatting as well as other types of writing styles. The title page will feature the title of your capstone project, your name, and your registration number among other crucial details. Besides, it should provide space for the members of your capstone committee to acknowledge and approve by signing.
Acknowledgment allows you to thank all those that offered you help and guidance in your DNP capstone writing. Without a doubt, your project writing will require more than your lone effort. You will have to get help from various persons and thus it will be important to acknowledge their contributions to your DNP writing.
The abstract is basically a summary of what the reader expects in the following sections of your capstone project. It is one of the most important sections of DNP projects and should be written in a clear and precise way. Keep your abstract to one page.
- Executive Summary
The executive summary seeks to inform your reader of what the paper entails. However, it is more detailed than an abstract. This is because the executive summary has its own introduction, body, and conclusion. Ideally, it is a compressed capstone project. Your executive summary should cover all the main ideas you will present in the capstone paper. It is a lot easier to write your executive summary after you complete writing the body of your capstone paper.
The body of DNP projects include the following
· Problem statement
· A conceptual or theoretical framework
· Purpose and objectives of the capstone project
When writing the problem statement, you are required to present documentation of the existence of the problem and its scope. Besides, present the impact of the problem on the healthcare system. In the problem statement, be sure to describe the conceptual framework on which you will clarify the problem and its resolution. The conceptual framework should guide you in developing the thesis statement of your DNP.
- Literature Review
The literature review section of capstone projects should feature a detailed review of literature related to the problem. Be sure to cover the historical background and intervention or existing attempts to resolve the problem if any. You should describe the level of evidence relied on. More importantly, when searching for evidence-based information for your review, go for the highest level of evidence available. Consider reviews, meta-analyses, and critically appraised articles. In academic circles, these types of evidence are more dependable.
- Description of Resolution Plan
This section requires you to give a detailed description of your plan for resolving the problem. Identify the approach and process you will utilize to collect data and formulate your capstone paper. Provide details of the targeted population and describe the instruments required for collecting data. Also, elaborate on the interventions you used in your plan.
The DNP capstone project often seeks to create real solutions that help health systems resolve real problems. Ideally, the DNP project aims to deliver concrete solutions that resolve particular problems. Therefore, in this section, be sure to provide a detailed description of the findings from your plan for problem resolution. Be sure to include details on the real or potential impacts of the outcomes on individuals or the healthcare delivery system. If you develop a solution, then you should describe it in this section.
- Conclusion and recommendations
The conclusion often entails your DNP project and its findings in summary. As such, describe every conclusive evident from the findings and process of your research. Creatively link your discussion to your literature review. Also, include any recommendations that you think can help in addressing the problem in the future. Any suggestions to improve how the problem can be resolved can come in handy. The recommendation you provide must be evidence-based. This approach often gets the attention of your readers as well as the capstone committee.
Without a doubt, your capstone paper must include a reference page. In the reference section, you need to list all the references you used while writing your DNP. All the references should adhere to the required writing style. In fact, every in-text citation on your document must appear in full on the reference page.
Although this is not a must-write section in your DNP capstone projects, some situations necessitate its inclusion. This section serves as a repository for materials that improve the clarity of your paper. However, the materials shown in the appendix don’t belong to the material presented in the main document. Material that belongs to the appendix section
- Tables and figures not included in the main text
- Copies of copyright permission such as approval letter
Make sure you label the material in your appendix as Appendix A, B, C, etc. So, are you writing your DNP capstone project are you need help? Well, we offer dependable professional DNP capstone project writing services that doctoral nursing students can rely on whenever they are stuck with your DNP project writing.
DNP Project Ideas
Previously written DNP capstones offer a great source of inspiration when considering the possible topics for your capstone project. Here is a list of the most recent university DNP capstone project that you can consider assimilating into a capstone project that will allow you to demonstrate mastery of your nursing specialty and contribute to the existing pool of nursing knowledge.
- Evidence-based practice update for nurse practitioners in urgent care
- Safe foot care in African American Type 2 Diabetes
- Empowering community health: A faith-based approach
- Nursing implications on mental health
- Intervention to decrease obesity
- Improving nursing satisfaction on staff
- Increasing vaccination rates among children in urban health
- A Strategic Plan for the Development of a Model of Care for HIV Co-Infected Diabetics in an Inner-City Clinic.
- An evaluation about patients having mild cognitive impairment
- Doctors’ attitude, belief, and knowledge about adult immunizations
- Guidelines on clinical practice
- Simulation on advanced beginner nurses
- Health literacy and hypertension awareness
- Implications of nursing education to chronic disease management
- Population density influences the relationship between diabetes and socioeconomic status
- Comparison and evaluation of clinical practice guidelines
- Assessment on male partner experiences and needs during labor
- How to cope with dementia symptoms
- How to promote a more float experience
- How to have a competitive healthcare
- How to promote advanced care for homelessness
- Multi-hospital approach in improving safe care delivery
- How to prevent hypothermia in an ambulatory surgical setting
- Family nurse practitioner: Simulation and education
- Study on management and diagnosis of pediatric setting
- Alcohol management evaluation in community hospital
- Integrated Model of Dementia Care in a Nursing Home
- Health and wellness program about type 2 diabetes
- A Web-Based Group Intervention for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- Smoking Cessation Program for Patients with Coronary Artery Disease
- The predictive value of second-trimester blood pressure on the development of preeclampsia
- Translation of autism screening research into practice